shared by sgsos for sgsos
Upcoming Webinars & Virtual Gatherings
New Member Onboarding Webinar – may 18 at 11am PT/2pm ET – Register HERE
EdWeb School Garden Community Webinar Series.
This webinar series and online network are a predecessor to the SGSO Network. Many of these webinars were presented by SGSO Network Organizations.
- Regional Support Models for Sustaining School Gardens
- Common Core in the Garden
- Outdoor Classroom Management
- Design Ideas for a Fun, Successful Instructional School Garden
- Inquiry in the Garden
- Square-Foot Gardening & Bigger Beds: Maximizing Your School Garden Space
- From School Garden to Cafeteria Table: How to Plan, Grow, and Use Garden Produce in a School Cafeteria Lunch Program
- Next Generation Science in the Garden
- Healthy Food + Healthy Ecosystems = Healthy Neighborhoods (A Summer Garden Program for Middle School Youth)
- Innovative Ways to Fund Your School Garden Program
- Tools to Create Social Change Through Youth Farming and Gardening
- The Edible Schoolyard Project
- Building a Youth Beekeeping Program
- Skills of a Successful School Garden Coordinator
- Garden to Plate
- Summertime in the School Garden: Exploring Opportunities to Support and Share Your School Garden
- Breaking it Down: School Composting Made Easy with FoodCorps
- Fruit Trees in the School Garden
- Get Food Education in Every School: Join the National Initiative!
- Celebrate National Farm to School Month!
- Raising Funds & Friends for Your School Garden: Hard-Learned Lessons from Granny’s Garden School
- School Gardening in the Fall
- Winter Planning For The Spring School Garden
- Feast for Every Season
- Help Students Discover that TREES ROCK! Classroom Resources & Contest Info from Scotties
Webinars on Inquiry in the Garden, School Garden Design, Outdoor Classroom Management, NGSS, and more
Slow Food USA School Garden Program Webinars
- Monthly webinars on topics related to running school gardens.
- Also see Slow Food USA Garden to Cafeteria Toolkit view the archive at WholeKids Foundation GoToWebinar channel.
WKF hosts the National School Garden Network Webinars you can find SGSO Webinars in addition to other school garden related webinars.
Monthly webinars series on relevant topics
National Farm to School Resources – Search: Webinar
- Past related topics:
- Evaluating your Farm to School program – Best practices and tools
- Farm to School: Cooking with Children in the Classroom
- School Gardens vs. Summer Vacation
- Food, Farm and Nutrition Curriculum Connections: Developing Educational Experiences
- Using school garden produce in school food service
- Local and State Governments: Key Partners in Farm to School
Offers farm to school themed videos and webinars some of which are focused on school gardens.
Expert instructors offer real-time education on how to create, develop and launch a number of programs designed to encourage children, families and communities to connect with nature.
The Edible Schoolyard Project – Google Hangouts